The Customer Complaint Resolution Process
Healthy customer relationships are built on the foundations of sincere, honest, integrity, respect and trust. Hence, whenever problems and disagreements arise, we strive to resolve them in a fair, effective and transparent manner.
Our customer complaint resolution process as outlined below aims to get your complaint resolved promptly and efficiently.
Step 1: Complaint Details
Complete the complaint form or provide the details of your complaint in written format, ensuring the information below is clearly stated:
- Full name
- NRIC number
- Certificate number
- Contact details – mobile number, home number and/or office number
- Email address - personal and/or office
- Correspondence address - home and/or office
- Detail description of complaints
- Attach the documents relevant to your complaint (original copy) together with the complaint letter.
You can send the complaint letter by email or fax to:
Step 2: Acknowledgement of Complaint
AmMetLife Takaful Berhad
Customer Resolution Unit
Level 22, Menara 1 Sentrum
No. 201, Jalan Tun Sambanthan,
50470 Kuala Lumpur.
Contact Number: 1300-22-9777
Fax: 03-2272 3229
Hand in at the nearest AmMetLife branch
Step 3: Review and Recommendation
- We will send out a complaint acknowledgement letter within two (2) days upon receiving your complaint.
- The letter will indicate the person in-charge assigned to manage your complaint and when you should expect a response.
Step 4: Final Resolution
- We will review and investigate your complaint fully and make recommendation(s) to resolve the complaint.
- Person in-charge will be keeping in touch with you for additional information or documentation required to expedite the process.
Step 5: Avenue to Seek Redress
- Once the management accepted the proposed recommendation, you will be informed letter confirming the resolution.
- You may expect our reply for complaints related to operational issues within fourteen (14) working days and thirty (30) working days for distribution related complaints.
If you are not satisfied with the response or the decision of our company regarding your complaint, you may refer to Bank Negara Malaysia (“BNM”) for claims above RM 100,000 or Ombudsman for Financial Services (“OFS”) for claims up to RM100, 000.
Bank Negara Malaysia
Jabatan LINK & Pejabat Wilayah
P.O Box 10922
50929 Kuala Lumpur
Fax: 03-2174 1515
Ombudsman for Financial Services
(formerly known as Financial Mediation Bureau)
Chief Executive Officer
Level 214, Main Block Menara Takaful Malaysia
No. 4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman
50000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2272 2811
Fax: 03-2272 1577